Wednesday, February 11

it's all over

So it's official, I put in my notice with SkyWest and told them I didn't want to come back to work. I turned in my SLC airport badge, my SkyWest crew badge, my parking pass for the Salt Lake airport, my uniforms, and my manual.

It's official after almost 4 years, I am no longer a flight attendant.

(this is me at my graduation almost 4 years ago when I completed my flight attendant training)
Me and my class I went through flight attendant training with.

Surprising this has come with mixed emotions, I didn't want to go back to work, I could never have left my little guy at home! I have the hardest time leaving him for a few hours let alone leave for a few days at a time!

I will miss some things while others I will not miss at all! The whole time change thing and having to adapt your self to go to sleep early one night and stay up late another night. Waking up early on a cold morning in freezing places like Canada and having to wait for the airplane to warm up! The crazy life style of living out of a suit case (hated that! but I got really good at packing!) flying to a different city every night. Meeting all sorts of new and interesting people.

I will miss the crews that I used to fly with. There were a lot of fun times and I am so glad for the experiences I had while I was employed with SkyWest, I grew a lot, became a lot more brave, (I can admit, I am a big baby) I got to go on several vacations to a lot of different places. I will miss my benefits! The next time we have a family vacation and we either have to drive or buy plane tickets that will kill me!

I am SO SO glad I get to stay home and I don't have to work any more, Before I got pregnant work got to the point were I was dreading to have to go the next morning! I would literally get sick to my stomach! So I am happy I don't have to do that anymore, but also in a way I am kind of sad to see that part of my life ending. To know that never again will I get up in front of hundreds of people daily and demonstrate the seat belt and oxygen mask! It was a chapter in my book of life I will look back on with fond memorise!
This is another picture of me after flight attendant graduation.

5 comments:

Trask Tribe said...

AAHH kind of sad. I was just thinking that at least you wont have to sweat the stress of stand by...then again, who can afford full price. So buddy passes just put you at the bottom of the list. Even below me:) no worries, William is worth it.

~..kass..~ said...

It is sad, but the way I look at it is.. these babies of ours are onlt small for such a short time. We might as well (if we can) be around to soak up every minute of it before they are gone :)

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

Congrats, that is awesome. It is a major change to give up your work though, but you are starting a new and way more important and fulfilling job!

L4GWTW said...

You made the right choice and in time you will be so glad that you did this. It will be hard at first and you will miss some of the perks for sure, but every time you look at your baby you will remember why. He is so cute. Stacey

cami said...

ahh that is kind of a bitter sweet. I know what you mean about wishing you could still work but also you don't want to leave you little stud home.