Thursday, August 30

Lucas and his stitches

Lucas took a hard fall last week! He tripped over a lamp cord and smacked his head on the tile step in our entry way. :( 
Auntie Tiffany and Auntie Mallory were over for the excitment.
He is such a tough kid it was hard to know weather or not it was serious enough for stitches, I sent this pic message to Brandon and asked his opionion... and to be honest, this pic doesnot even do it justice! Brandon wrote me back and said yeah he needs stitches, I'll come home when I can.  Since we have only one car we waited it out for a while before Brandon could bring us the van. then we headed to instacare.
This was us waiting for the dr. (im not cool enough to have a smart phone or an ipad! haha, he is just looking at pics on my phone)  I LOVE that he is still wearing the baby blanket as a cape. he was wearing it when he got hurt and it was never a good time to take it off seeing as how his cut would have gotten hit in the proccess.
 Happy boy even though he has a whole in his head about to get stitched up!  I really wish Brandon had come with me so I could have gotten pics of the actual process! but I had eva and Lucas by my self, so no picture documentation was happening durring the actually stitches! dang it.  I had never seen anyone get stitches before and was fasinated by the whole process. But I have to say when they cleaned out his cut right before they stitched it up it looked AWFUL! so gross! I couldn't belive how bad it looked, like you could see the insides of his head, haha! I know I am dramatic, but it was like gutts! I had to keep looking away!
 After he was done getting stitched up and after he recieved his sucker and stickers!
yes grandma & grandpa stott if you see this he was sporting a "camel" shirt as my kids lovingly call them.
 this was in the waiting room a bout a week later right before he got his stitches taken out. all healed up.
 and this is what he looks like now, this pic was taken yesterday.... so cute even with the big stripe down his forehead.
I have boys, What can I say its sad but I am starting to get used to things like this! :) love my BOYS!

1 comment:

Trask Tribe said...

Look at the 1st picture. I almost couldn't figure it out. Like a 3rd eye or turned upside down, like 2 eyes and a mouth. Yuck. When he gets older it will become a cool war wound story. "You should see the other guy."Didn't seem to mind it though as long as he has his sucker and stickers.