Thursday, September 24

what we've been up too!

I have debated over sharing the news with everyone or not and thought why not, if something does end up happening I have the loving support of all of you!

August 27th (Thursday) I took a positive Pregnancy test!

September 1st- (Tuesday) bleed a little in the morning after taking a brisk walk to and from mom and dad’s house pushing the stroller. (got a little nervous)

September 4- (Friday) that night when I went to the bathroom I had a lot of blood in my underwear, (I probably over did it that day watching Tiffany’s kids all day long) I didn’t have any cramping and was TOTALLY SHOCKED when I saw the blood! (it was Friday night so I couldn't call the dr. office)

September 7th- (Monday) Holiday so I can’t call the doctors office

September 8th -Tuesday, called the Dr. Office, they said they could get me in for un ultrasound with the “on call” Doctor (Dr. Benham) Because my Doctor was out of the office for the week. We had the ultra sound and he said right away that something didn’t look right, and that something was wrong. He saw an irregular shaped sack and nothing in it, no fetus, no yolk sack, nothing. He said this is probably going to be a miss carriage but he wanted to do one more test before he scheduled a D&C. He said he was 95% sure it was going to miscarry. We got my blood taken before we left the office so they could check my HCG levels. We made an appointment to go back in two days.

September 10th Thursday

9:00 AM I went in and got my blood drawn. So they would have something to compare my other levels too. The Doctor told me if they barley go up then I am miscarrying and if they go down then I am obviously miss carrying. And that for a normal pregnancy they should go way up!

4:45 PM- My results appointment. We go in thinking the worst and hoping for the best! The whole two days leading up to this moment have been a complete night mar and I can‘t remember when I have prayed for something SO hard!. I kept telling Brandon if I didn’t see the ultra sound my self I would never have thought anything was wrong. I still was throwing up every day, I was still feeling that pulling feeling where your ligaments are pulling and stretching, and all the normal symptoms of pregnancy. The Doctor looked at my results and said they went up like they should?? He said now this makes me think it may be a “moler Pregnancy”… Which I didn’t know exactly what that was, so when I asked he said he compared it to Cancer, oh well perfect I thought! I said is there any way you could have read the ultra sound wrong, that it could be different… and he said lets take another look! He said he needed to do a few more and then he would try to get us in. We waited a while and then he came back in and said everyone else is done, you are the last ones here so since you had to wait the longest you get the longest ultrasound. He started doing it and noticed my bladder was full.. So I put the little paper sheet they give you around my legs and barefooted ran down the hall to the bathroom, like he said nobody was around the reception area was closed and the lights were turned off. I ran back and he started again. Right away he said Wait a minute we might have something here… I think we have a fetus, I think we might have something. Brandon and I couldn’t believe what we were hearing “WHAT we were going to beat the 5% chance he gave us just two days before!” He said yep we have a fetus, and I think we have a heart beat! He turned on the noise and I couldn’t believe the sound we were hearing!! Music to our ears! He said my sack is still a very irregular shape but things are definitely improving! He moved the wand around and the sack almost looked like it went into two perfectly round separate sacks, he would move it back and it would go into one “irregular shaped sack” I asked could it be two and it’s just playing games with us? He said I don’t know I am not sure, we will have to wait and see. He measured the fetus and I was only measuring 6w. 3d. Not the 8plus I had originally thought. I am nursing William so my periods aren't normal anyway. SO I knew it was an option that I wasn’t as far along as I thought. I also had “something else off to the side of my sack that the doctor thought was some blood? A hemorrhage or something? Brandon asked when the Doctor was done, So what is our % now? The Doctor gave us 50/50. We said we’d take it after hearing 5%! We made another appointment in 5 days for another ultra sound.
September 11th-12th Had some more spotting

September 15th (Tuesday) Ultrasound appointment. I was hoping for some more answers but totally preparing my self for the fact that I may not here anything new? The doctor measured the Fetus it had grown a little and was now measuring 6w. 6d. And the heart beat had gone from 114 BPM last appointment to 137 BPM. So the baby had grown and the heart beat had gotten stronger. There was still that mass of blood off to the side that he still isn’t 100% sure about and there was still what appeared to be another “something” another sack or something. The Doctor thinks that it may have been a baby at some point and is now nothing, he said he doesn’t think it will become anything, I have my own feelings on the matter at what it is? I am still hoping and praying that its’ another baby that is hiding and we just wont see it for a while? I am hoping it will explain why I am showing so huge already! I left the office that day with VERY high hopes! I was SO nervous for so long, it felt good to finally exhale a little. I herd and saw the baby and it was growing. Growing in a very irregular shaped sack but there and growing none the less. The Doctor was very happy with the out come so much that he didn’t think he needed to see me again that week, so we made another ultra sound appointment in 2 weeks.

So I have another ultrasound scheduled for Tuesday September 29th. It will be my 4th ultra sound and I will be 8w. 6d.

14 comments:

Tara Wayne Malakai Maddux Kenya Alofipo said...

wow you sure have been through a lot the last couple weeks! our thoughts and prayers are with you hoping that it all turns out Ok! And twins wouldn't that be awesome!! I love mine :)

Elisha Trask said...

What an amazing couple of weeks!! You are in our prayers.

Candace said...

I can empathize with how worried you have been. I bled the entire first trimester during my pregnancy with Oliver. I had a blood clot that was behind the placenta. It eventually dried up but was worrisome nonetheless. You are definitely in my thoughts and prayers.

On a side note - We are coming out to Utah at the end of October. Oliver misses him some cousin Braden - lol! Maybe we can catch up with you and "Lil' Will!"

Jill Duncan said...

oh my gosh! Life must have been crazy these past few weeks for you guys! That must have been the best sound ever to hear the babies heart beat! I hope everything turns out OK. Keep us updated on any news!

Jonathan, Kaity & Halle said...

Heather! How are you even dealing with life?? You are so strong, I would have to be institutionalized at this point! I can't handle not knowing the full story, especially with something as amazing as pregnancy. Congratulations, you have got your hands full. You are an awesome mom and everything happens for a reason! Good luck with it all and keep us updated. Our prayers are with you!

Unknown said...

How fun to read all the comments people have left, and to know you have all that support now that you told everyone!! Braden and I are thinking that you are have twin baby girls or boys?! But we definitely think there is another baby hiding!
....By the way this is Ashton, I just signed in as Ben's account accidentally oops...

Melanie and Daniel said...

We will be praying for you!

cami said...

Wow crazy!!!! I feel like this is the same experience i went through with my twins!!!!! I hope that there are two babies and they can grow up to become strong healthy babies..... Congrats again and you are in my thoughts and prayers

The Slaters said...

We are thinking of you guys and praying for you....I hope you get to hear more news on Tuesday.

The AnDeRsOn'S :) said...

Wow. We will pray for you guys! Wish you the best, congrats on being pregnant!

Camie said...

Oh HEather, what a crazy time for you guys...we will keep you in oour thoughts and prayers. I just had a friend make it through a molar pregnancy...I hope things turn out okay.

Josh and Jenni said...

Wow!! You guys have been through a lot the past couple weeks!! You guys are in our thoughts and prayers!! We need to hang out with you guys soon, keep us informed with everything!!

Trask Tribe said...

I'm counting on twins! That's the least Brandon can offer you:)(I mean it runs in the family and all) Seriously though, did you ever doubt what amount of support you had? With 13 comments so far I'd say you have much power and faith being exercised in your behalf.

Tom & Allie said...

I am so glad things are turning out for the better! How exciting, even if it's not twins - but how AMAZING that would be if it were?! One of these days we will get together on our way through STG. In the meantime, I hope you are feeling as good as can be expected. Best of luck to all four of you - maybe 5!!