Saturday, June 16

living room cabinets and book case

This is what our living room looked like the day we moved in (back in September) I started painting the book case one day the beginning of January.  And it sat half painted for MONTHS! I was pregnant, had two crazy toddlers, and now I have a new born and two crazy toddlers, you name it I had a reason or two that is sat for so long. I finally got to finishing it pretty quickly after Evalyn was born.  Because for her blessing luncheon it was finally painted. 

 I saw in a magazine Idk years ago about painting the back of the book shelf a different color, I remembered it and always wanted to try it.  it was a pain in the butt, and I don't LOVE the color, I wish it was a tiny bit darker, but it will do, and I'm still happy with the out come.
before the hardware was put on...

 and this is what it looks like today.  (I JUST printed a bunch of updated pictures to fill the very dated picture frames!) they are sitting here right next to me, I need to fill them, and be done with it!


We had boxes of decor from our first place that had been sitting in the same boxes for almost a year and a half or more.  a lot of it is staying in the box. haha... I need to have a garage sale and get rid of a bunch of stuff.
There is still a lot that needs to be done, we will probably do something with that fire place! and we are painting the walls so the white pops, and there is still places that need to be touched up and paint that needs to be cleaned up off the walls and tile! but its a huge improvement!  look at the top pic again and you'll know what I'm talking about! way better.

OH and yes we are going to move our computer back over to the other side where it belongs on the desk! it's just we did that side first and then when it dried we moved the computer over and painted the other side, now that its done we haven't moved it back!! (it's on the to do list.)

4 comments:

Davis said...

This looks so great! You have such an eye for things. And the computer note made me laugh, I was wondering haha.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Brandon! ;)

Trask Tribe said...

Poor Brandon. Being a (large) home owner just means No free weekends anymore. But Ohh the things he is learning to do!

Heather Stott said...

not fare hes in all the pictures, when really I do most of the work my self!