Tuesday, September 11

DIY canvas wall...

Been in the works for a while, my DIY canvas wall... 

This is the BEFORE shot, plain blank white wall, this is how 90% ok who am I kidding 100% of my house looked for almost the first year we lived here! :) (we will have lived here for a year this month)

I started by painting the wall brown, I LOVED my brown wall so much, and couldn't wait to start putting canvas' on it! 

Next I started by modge podging pictures to my canvas' I was originally going to do three different sizes, the smallest being 11X14, middle 16X20, and large 18X24 but I did one more very large one at 24X36.

It was SO hard narrowing down the pictures, and trying to choose which ones to use! It was super fun to go through all the old pictures on my computer too.

I also suggest using Staples Engineer Prints!! SO cheap, and easy!!

 I wanted to choose more action shots, pictures that told a story, and had a fun memory!
 After I was done modgepodging them all I laid them all out and what seemed like forever tried putting them in the best collage I could come up with with the allotted space I had for my wall. It was A LOT harder to do this then I thought! haha! it took me a good 2 days!
 then I made a HUGE sheet of paper the size of my wall to lay out so I could out line each canvas so I knew exactly where to hang it and where to put the nail!
 I put the HUGE sheet of paper up on the wall like so.... 
Measured where each nail needed to go... nailed them all in... 
 ...and then tore off the paper. and let the boys have it....

 Keepin it real.... my house was a MESS while I hung them on the wall! this is the kids playing in the huge sheet of paper, needless to say it was in A MILLION pieces when I was finished!...


AFTER:  Finished product!
 The vinyl says "together we make a Family"
I am SO happy with it, and already know what I would have done differently, and how to do things better, you live and learn right!? and total cost for this amazing project was a fraction of the cost of what one canvas would have cost me if I got them professionally done! :) so now you love it even more don't you!?

2 comments:

Emily Blais said...

We did some small collage walls in Lila's room, and I know how big of a pain it is to get them all placed right. Your's looks awesome! Way to go! So that infant thing for my bike trailer is made by Burley and its just an insert. We ordered it off Amazon for like 60 bucks I think... Its pretty awesome! We are loving it.

Julianna said...

that turned out sooooo good! i love it. i had to send perry the link so he could see it. it was so fun to see you guys on saturday!