Saturday, June 16

Ideas?


SO, my brother in law is getting married on the infamous 07-07-07 and like the good person that I am I wanted to help with all that I could, knowing my in laws are back in New Jersey and my brother in law and his fiance are actually living in Utah I thought I would be of some assistance where they couldn't help. SO, I was talking to my mother in law and she suggested that I would be in charge of the bridal shower. We are going to do it just a couple days before the wedding so that Brandon's sisters and mom from back east will be here for it. So no big deal right I have done this kind of a thing before. I even like this kind of thing. I love to entertain I just don't have any friends to do it with very often. SO, like I was saying, I am in charge of a bridal shower and I was wondering if you could remember what your favorite things were from your own bridal showers or of peoples that you have been to. I know why am I stressing about this? Well did I mention my Mother in law put me up to the task! Ya, she is incredible at stuff like this and I don't want her coming and thinking to her self if I wanted it done right I should have done it my self. It will be held in St. George because the bride her self is actually from here too, so it's kinda like my baby on my turf and I don't want to screw this up! Anyway, anything different, fun, creative things you can think of from previous bridal showers would be helpful. So put your little genius and creative minds to work, and lend me some ideas. Anything will do. Anything will be helpful. Thanks!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

K so my suggestion is to definately do it open house. You do not do any of the lame games and all that crap that really are not that fun and everyone is just thinking how cheesy it is. If you do it open house you can just have food and stuff there, people can hang around and talk, and you open presents. I had two baby showers. One was a sit down with games and one was open house. The open house one was MUCH better. Then you will get more people because they don't feel like the have to spend two hours there. They can just swing in, say hi, and drop a gift. At mine everyone had fun hanging around and talking and ended up staying anyway but it was great. You can still have a few activities going on if you want but not something everyone has to sit down and play. It should definately be open house. You also don't have to worry about having enough seats for everyone either. Also, make sure it is at a home and not at a church or something. The atmosphere is so much more cozy.

Heather Stott said...

wow shell thanks

Jocelyn said...

I love the game where you quiz the groom about the brides favorite things, or about their first kiss, date, most embarassing moments ect. And the bride has to guess his answers! That one is always fun! And I totally agree with michelle on the open house thing! It's always good to just come in and go! But there is always those good friends that stick around later, so you can still play this one fun game! Good luck with that!

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

open house all the way!!! That is the best and makes is really comfortable!! I loved the game jocelyn suggested. Cassidy and TAra interviewed Rhett on tape, then at my shower they asked me the same questions, i would answer, then they played his answer. It was so fun, I loved to hear his answers!!! Have yummy snacks, and have some one secretely write down comments the bride says throughout the day, maybe as she greets people or as she is opening gifts, then at the end when it is a little more private, you read them out loud and say that these are the things she is going to say on her honeymoon night, trust me it is hilarious!!!