Friday, July 25

Daddy in training

This is Corben, Brydee, Jay Jay and Brandon. Jay Jay LOVES his uncle Brandon! (he is the one giving him a hug of death!)

This is Brandon with the nephews and niece on my side of the family. Brydee, Corben, Jay Jay, and Beckham. They had been wrestling on the ground for a while so I threw Beckham on for a quick picture!

This is Brandon before his mission when he would come over and help me with the triplets. He was so good with them! I love the pictures I have of him with the girls!

This is Brandon with his niece Annalise, when we went back and visited his family last month. She is such a doll!
This is Brandon with his new favorite little girl, Kaitlyn. She is SO much fun her uncles couldn't get enough of her. In this picture he was helping her when she got out of the tub, drying her off and putting her jammies on.

This is Brydee and Brandon they have been hanging out more lately this is her giving Brandon one of her Eskimo kisses! She is such a sweet tender hearted little girl! I love her to death!


I want to dedicate this post to my amazing husband! My husband is SO great with kids! I doubt there is a man out there that has had more practice and preparation with newborns and toddlers then my husband has at his age! When I was a nanny back east he would come over and hang out and help me with the babies! He loved it! When he left on his mission he would say I miss the girls! Right before his mission he was in that whole in between stage where he didn't have a job because he was going on a mission so his family dubbed him the babysitter/Shaffer for the family. He would occasionally come over to see me while I was nannying and bring his niece and nephew who at that time were a few months old and two years old. He would have the diaper bag packed with everything that he needed, formula to make a bottle, diapers wipes, you name it he was prepared and confident to take care of a little baby that was just a few months old and a little 2 year old! What 19 year old does things like that?
Well he went on his mission and when he came home and moved out to Utah the child care didn't stop. I was working as a full time flight attendant when he moved out here. I would be gone for days at a time every week. Brandon would fill his days hanging out with my sisters, and their kids! He would literally walk in the door and they would say "oh good Brandon's here he can change the babies diaper!" What man willingly changes diapers especially ones that aren't even his children!? He has taken the abuse from my sisters day after day with a smile and because of it all of his nieces and nephews are really close with their uncle Brandon and they absolutely love him! I love my husband and I cannot wait for the moment when he becomes a father! I look forward most to seeing Brandon become a father for the first time and seeing the look on his face! That is what I am looking forward to the very most!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love Brandon!!!

Kevin and Hayres said...

Awww, sooo sweet! It was very nice to meet you guys!

Michelle said...

I have to say that is my favorite is seeing the daddies with their new babies. He is going to be such a good dad

Anonymous said...

well, it's about time you finally made your blog so "anonymous" can leave comments!!
gotta love Brandon! He is great, and I love having him as a brother in law! :) -sister Mallory

Ellie said...

Yay for Good Daddies!! Heather, we both are going to have the luckiest kids ever!

L4GWTW said...

Heather it was great seeing you guys again. You two are going to make great parents. of course i have to say that Jay Jay adn Brydee are the perfect children to practice with being so cute and all. Not that i am byest or antyhing!! Stacey

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh Heather.....this seriously brought tears to my eyes. I am so proud of what a great man Brandon has become. He was there for me when I needed him. He spent many days watching and taking care of my kids. Hopefully this contributed to this great training he has had to become the perfect Dad for your kids. I am so excited for your guys!-Corinn