Wednesday, June 23

advice?!

SO, we are going to go back east to New Jersey in little over a week and we are taking a red eye flight out of Vegas and flying into Philly air port. Any hope that we are going to have both Children sleep the whole way there? Do we drug William just in case?! haha, mostly kidding about that!
I'm not worried about Lucas really, all he needs is Boob and I can Handel that. We flew with William when he was about the age Lucas is now and he did great (but that was only an hour flight, not 4!)
(this was the last time we flew William was 2 months!)
I really think they will sleep because they will be tired, they will be getting held, a rare treat for them to get held while they are sleeping. BUT what if they don't sleep? what if everyone else IS trying to sleep because it IS a red eye, and what if they are keeping everyone else up!? what do I do then? haha... I am sure I can keep William busy with books, and activities but I thought I would throw the question out there and see what everyone thought on the matter? He is an active little boy! Have you traveled with Children? with toddlers? with babies? what are your tricks? anything you care to share? any advice you feel would help would be appreciated! Thanks.
I will be taking my new latest best piece of baby equipment EVER this.... (thanks Sarah, dont be made I used these pictures! :) Sarah and I made a few and we use them ALL the time!! We have been thinking about selling them. Similar ones sell for 80 bucks (and the fabric we use is WAY better) and I know some baby Bjorn's sell for over 150 bucks! I would never buy something that expensive so I would never sell mine for that price, but It makes me curious to see how well they would sell and for how much? they are seriously the best things ever! SO comfortable doesn't hurt your back or shoulders at all!! SO versatile! I have used it with Lucas (New born) to my nieces who are almost one. to William who is 19 months. one size fits all. It packs SO well! It's light weight and breathable fabric! It's chic and stylish, I LOVE THEM! you can use them around the house and get things done like make dinner or even go pee with it on! all with out disturbing the baby! you don't even have to hold their heads! So great for colicky babies and GREAT for traveling. We also thought about personalizing them. So... any thoughts?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

drug em

Ellie said...

You use those wrap things with William?? How does that work?? I can just see Lilly scrambling out of it but then there are times like today when Lilly falls asleep while sitting up in the grocery cart and I end up having to carry her and push a giant cart around a crowded grocery store...

And I don't have any experience traveling with babies, but we just brought a lot of books and Lilly was great with that, and when it got dark she had no problem sleeping at all.. and this is a child who had VERY rarely slept while being held.. so much so that it was almost impossible to get her to sleep while holding her. I'm kind of jealous of you actually... I wish we were flying red eye rather than in the middle of the day.. not even during nap time! Hope it goes well and can't wait to see you guys again!

~..kass..~ said...

We flew for the 1st time with Kenton when he was also 2 mo. And it was to Hawaii.. so quite a long flight. I seriously nursed him almost the whole time and he did great. I would say, you take on Lucas and pass William over to the hubs.. I would bet he sleeps for the most of it. I have done a lot of flying with living so far away and 9 times out of 10 am alone with both babies, night flights seems pretty good bc they are so worn out. Might be worth it to look into a pillow pet, my kids take them every flight and they are so comfy so it makes it easier for them to sleep. GOOD LUCK!

Mills Family said...

Hahaha Jennifer cracks me up!
I guarantee William will sleep! I do have a some advice.. Haha look at ME giving baby advice... But my friend Brainna has flown with her baby numerous times and something that she does that I think is so smart is feed him during take off and landing because it will help them with their ears popping and that way he'll be sucking! I think its smart! Anyways, stop by in Chicago and say hi while you're at it! :)

Jill Duncan said...

First off, good luck on the flight. And if people get upset- O-well, you'll never see them again.
Second- love the baby carrier. Looks super comfy, and I'm sure babies love it in there. I would totally buy one- and think personalizing them is a great idea!

The Slaters said...

I know I already told you this...but I think bringing a stroller (for William) to check at the gate is the best way....and bring the car seat to check at the gate and hope they might have an extra seat to strap in William and it will be just like a long car ride :) And of course don't forget pacifiers or something to suck on/chew on to relieve pressure.
Bring a blanket for them to get comfortable and as a last resort bring some Benadryl.

Unknown said...

I want one of those wraps!!! I would totally buy one from you!