Monday, March 19

{Warning} not for the weak stomach

This is a post about Williams accident the pic is bad but doesn't even do it justice, also it was taken with my cell phone.

Saturday was a very traumatic day. I am finally getting better when I think about it so I'm ready to post the story and pic for all to see...

William was trying to get crayons  out of the cupboard when Brandon and I herd a loud crash to the floor and a horrifying scream.... We both ran in the kitchen to see what had happened and when Brandon picked William up he said oh shoot! or something like that? I knew it had to be bad from Brandon's reaction but I wasn't prepared for what I was about to see. I grabbed William from Brandon turned him to face me and saw the damage! I said we are going somewhere NOW.... Brandon ran up stairs to grab his shoes, I saw two teeth just kinda sitting in his mouth, totally knocked out! root and all. That freaked me out. I grabbed them out of his mouth and put them in a zip lock bag. We threw both boys in the car and I called my family to start helping me find a place to take him! We didn't know where we were headed we just knew he needed some help. I was freaking out inside.  I was trying to hold it together, My poor baby was being so strong and saying it hurts mama. I sat next to his car seat in the back of the van.  He was bleeding like crazy! I had blood all over my shirt, on my face and arms, and all over him. We ended up taking him to a dentist I had just made an appointment with earlier this month for both the boys to go to for the first time.  Their first appt. was scheduled for the very next week.  Being as it was a Saturday and no one was working he meet us at his office just for us.  William was SO brave and did so awesome.  We took X-rays and determined his permanent teeth didn't look damaged. we couldn't do anything about the teeth that had come clean out, and we just have to wait for it all to heal before he can be fitted for some false teeth. like 5 weeks!!  The dentist wrote us a prescription for an antibiotic in case it got infected and we were good to go. The dentist was great and if anyone is looking for a ped. dentist it's Johnson Dentistry. 
He is having a hard time pronouncing some words and is having a hard time eating regular foods.  I just want to hold him and protect him and never let him do anything, I want to let him have ice cream and Popsicles for breakfast lunch and dinner.  It breaks my heart when I look at it. and 5 weeks is going to be an eternity! He has bounced back pretty well and we have to keep reminding him to be more careful. He gets frustrated when he tries to eat and it hurts his gums, and he cant do it.  He says when I get my teeth back I'll be able to eat in the middle again.

The other middle tooth has about a 50% chance of making it, we might just have to pull it out, but we are waiting and seeing what happens to it first.

3 comments:

Trask Tribe said...

This happens with both parents home (Not a babysitter) and inside the house (not out on a playground or in the street). Good grief, will these kids make it? Or better yet, will the parents make it through (their childs) childhood?! Remember when Mallory fell off the counter on her head right in front of all of us. It's amazing everyone is still sane...

Anonymous said...

Poor William! Tell him we love him so much!
I know how you felt... Brooke broke her collar bone and sliced her ear open (stitches) while in the house. Under my supervision. Such a hard thing to see your babies hurt. You would kill to make it better.
Love you guys!

Melanie and Daniel said...

Oh my gosh! That picture makes me want to cry. Poor William. That is so sweet that he was so brave, and you are amazing for holding it together.