Wednesday, May 2

Labor/Delivery & Hospital Stay

This is how our day started...
I was scheduled to get induced and we got our phone call and headed to the hospital that morning. When I finally got hooked up to my IVs and my dang Strep B antibiotics and pitocin it was probably about 9:30 maybe later? but the baby's heart rate would start dropping every time so they would have to take the pit off and monitor me for 30 minutes to make sure everything was OK before they could try again.. so we did that a couple times. they would turn it back on and the baby wouldn't like it. SO we tried to walk it out and get things going.  we were their for hours and hadn't even started my labor.  But once we could leave the pit on things started progressing FAST. 

I was a five when I asked for my epidural. Things started progressing fast, and it was getting more and more painful fast!

yes we only have like 3 pictures before the baby is out, because that's about how fast it happened. I went from a 5 to a 10 in record time, therefore the epidural didn't have time to catch up to how fast my body was using it! it was painful. my contractions were intense and I could feel the baby crowning!

there were about three nurses there holding my legs shut tight waiting for Chalmers to get there!
Brandon had text everyone when i was a 7 to get to the hospital fast if they wanted to make it in time!!
Jason was down visiting cause Andy was up stairs in recovery. we threw the camera at him, Mallory arrived minutes in time and Sarah got there right when the Dr did. my mom got there a minute too late! she was home watching my children. :( Brittany came over to watch them so she could get to the hospital but she barely missed it.

she came out in seconds and I didn't even have to push, Chalmers kept trying to slow me down so I didn't tear. Which I'm happy to report that I didn't!
 She was itybity, I could NOT believe her weight and height when they told it to me!
not cute of eva but love Brandon's face!

 Auntie Mallory AKA Auntie Bugaboo
Sarah

I realise these pictures aren't the best, and they are blurry... but I still love them. (and that is Eva's hand not a nip even though I am nursing.)  She came out and nursed forever! she did awesome right from the beginning.

My mom had just come from mowing her lawn.. she wanted to shower but didn't have time, and yet she still missed it by a minute.
 her first bath
 a few hours after when we were moved up to recovery we had a lot of visitors!
the boys opening their presents from their new baby sister! they were sooo excited about them!
 more visitors... Brielle, Titan, Crew, Eva.

Bailee Jaine, she was SOOO sweet with her, would NOT share her and didn't want to go home. She would have held her and loved her so sweet like this ALL DAY. she was so cute with her, and still is all the time. Every time she sees me she wants to hold her and love on her.
 Mason (Sarah and Steve-o's baby born 8 days before Eva)
 getting dressed to head home.
my handsome husband... and his little girl!
 putting her in her car seat was a joke! she was SOOOOO small for it.
 going home (well to my parents house) to pick up the boys, and show them their new baby sister.


They are loving her. poor thing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love Love all the pictures! What a little sweet angel. Love the pictures of you nursing. Linda's face in those pictures... thats what pure happiness looks like. Love you guys

Mills Family said...

I love the pictures of mom too! So fun! Love this little girl already!