Tuesday, September 23

Rebuttal

So apparently I offended someone with my last post and I just wanted to say a few words about what they have so politely commented about.

This is what someone commented on my blog today..


Anonymous said...
Wow. Do you have any idea how many people would give everything to be in your shoes? I am amazed that you find the miracle you have received to be such a burden. I understand that it is physically uncomfortable, but for heaven's sake, take a step back and think about what you are saying!
9/23/2008 11:29 AM

I personally believe this person was mad, hurt even. They themselves are probably in a situation that they are not happy with. And personally I don't blame her (I am assuming it's a her) in fact I have been her. I've felt her pain. I also think this person would not leave this comment on my blog if they actually knew me?? Seriously how can you read a post about someone and think automatically that you know what they are thinking and feeling on a daily basis? Obviously people shouldn't jump to conclusions! This person obviously doesn't know that every night when I go to bed and say my prayers that I thank my Father in Heaven SO much for the opportunity I have been given to get pregnant and start my family! This pregnancy didn't come easy, and this anonymous commenter obviously didn't know that. Brandon and I tried for a year. I know people try for a lot longer then that but a year to me was an eternity. I can't tell you how many times I would cry myself to sleep, and pray so hard for this very "miracle" that I am complaining about. Just because I am complaining, (which I think I have my right to do on my own blog, it is my very own "out" so my husband can share the burden!) doesn't mean that I wouldn't do this again in a second, doesn't mean I have any regrets, doesn't mean that I am not so incredibly grateful for this pregnancy!
I don't think you will find two people more excited to have their baby join their family then Brandon and I. Brandon and I have wanted this for a long time and we are so ready to become parents! We are so not naive to the fact that it is going to be the hardest thing we have ever done, we are ready for the sleepless nights and the dirty diapers and the things that people say you have to sacrifice, they aren't going to be so hard for us to give up. We are READY for that transition in our lives. We are ready to trade in our late nights with friends to early bed times and middle of the night feedings! Who actually gets excited about that? Well we are!
My point is simply this, I am sorry to the person that left that comment on my blog, you do not know who I am, you do not know the desires of my heart or the sacrifices that I would have given to get pregnant. I would have given anything as well. I would have been one of those people you were talking about in your comment. I am so excited to be given this blessing in my life! When I was trying to get pregnant I knew what I was getting my self into, my sisters and my mom have just as hard pregnancies as I do, and I still wanted it more then anything! Just relax and let a pregnant women vent a little. That's all for now, I am done. :)

18 comments:

Emily Blais said...

well said heather. Let me first say that Anonymous commenters are Pansies anyway. I dont allow anyone to comment anonymously on my blog. (you can change a setting in blogger that wont allow them) Kind of goes along saying "if you dont have something nice to say, DONT SAY IT." To me, this is what anonymous commenters are doing. Its an easy way to say something rude and not get "caught." Especially this person. I could not agree with you more about what you said. Just because it is sucky being pregnant, does NOT mean we are not grateful for this miracle. I could also go on and on about it, but whatever. Being pregnant is hard. God made it that way. I have your back 100%. You go girl!

Jill Duncan said...

Wow!! I can't believe someone had the nerve to leave that comment. How rude!!! Of course you are grateful for this pregnancy- what mother isn't?

Brianna said...

Wow, sorry about that Heather! I'm sure your heart was pounding from anger when you read that. I would be irritated too. I changed my setting so annonymous people couldn't comment. We all know that you tried long and hard for a baby and we know how excited you are for him to arrive. I hope the comment didn't ruin your day:(

Morgan said...

That really sucks. Sometimes people are mean. And I agree with Emily, anonymous commenters are sissies.

Hillary said...

Go Heather! I am sorry you had to have someone ruin your day! No fun, you do have the right to talk about anything you want on your own freaking blog!!!

Unknown said...

Ok, it's me again. I want to make sure you understand that it was not my intention to make you feel bad, so I hope you don't. I overreacted in my previous comment and I sincerely apologize for it. You make valid points here, it is your blog, you can write what you want. It is not fun to be prego, and you don't have to love it. I reacted with that admittedly rude comment without thinking it through entirely. Sorry for the intrusion, it will be my last.

~..kass..~ said...

You go girl!!! You are FULLY entitled to do and say your own thing on YOUR own blog. Yay for you :)

Anonymous said...

I'm thinking you know the person.

The Batistas said...

You know I hated almost everything about being pregnant but that doesn't mean it wasn't worth what we get from it. And after the fact just because kids do things that make you really mad doesn't mean that you don't love them more than anything in the world and wouldn't do everything you possible could for them! I'm so excited for you!

Trask Tribe said...

So as mother bear sits on the sideline watching baby cub fend for heself, I have one simple comment. Perhaps her parents are to blame for creating an atmosphere of fun and laughter in our home. Life sometimes hurts less when you laugh at it. In our family we have shed many tears of laughter and an equall amount with sadness. We simple try to enjoy the laughter, the others tend to come on their own enough just with living. I for one know Heather's heart. She fortunatley only suffered for a year as she tried, pleaded, and bargained with the Lord for this blessing. I too know the pain first hand as it took us 3 years to create our first child. That still didn't take away the comical moments of life and throwing up for 9 1/2 months along with the "just Kill me NOW" pain of delivery. Got to Love your Friends!
Mom

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

Thats right!!! I saw that comment on there and I thought, who the crap is that? Well, I think you said it just right! You go girl!

Ellie said...

Amen Heather... Whoever left that comment is not a very bright person and heres why... just because you aren't overjoyed to have these awful, seemingly never ending symptoms, does not mean that you don't love your baby. God never said that you have to smile every time you throw up in order to love your child. It's SUPPOSED to be bad! It's SUPPOSED to suck. You aren't SUPPOSED to like it! But that has absolutely no connection to how much you love your own child. Which EVERYONE knows that you do! Heather we are SO happy for you! You are going to be such an amazing Mommy! I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

It is Richard Anderson not Trask.

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

Wow, good for you. It is your right to complain about being sick, obviously this person has not had the flu for 9 months straight, I hope they do so they can understand your feelings! I completely understand and think it is your right to say what you want about it, we all know you are so grateful for this baby! Good for you for standing up for yourself!

Tara Wayne Malakai Maddux Kenya Alofipo said...

say what you want girl! vent what you want. i

Tara Wayne Malakai Maddux Kenya Alofipo said...

Its called being HUMAN, we all have our moments in life (not just in pregnancy) were you just need to complain. anonymous say who you are don't be shy!!

Jessica said...

I am so bummed that we missed you this last weekend. We all got the flu, it was way exciting. Hey at least anonymous wasn't your mother in law. Mine sends me "sweet" messages all the time. HA HA

Cassidy Legg said...

WOW I havent checked your blog in awhile and have missed out! I love that they are still amomymous :) Good for you for sticking up for yourself. I think it is wrong for people to come on to other peoples blogs and leave comments like that... oh and not have the balls to leave their name. I loved your post cause I am one of those you hate. So it makes me realize how blessed I am I havent been sick and more sypmathetic for those that are. Dont take that wrong like I am awesome look at me...I dont throw up... Just saying its cool to see the different sides of pregnancy... Hang in there he will be here soon!! How exciting