Thursday, October 2

The Nursery and A LOT of pictures!

So I have had my nursery ready for a couple months now, I know, I am a little early in this but I couldn't help it. I bought my crib and glider way early started painting and re-doing the room, and bought my crib bedding all before we knew what we were having! (we are a little excited) My nursery is kinda like my wedding, haha! There were so many different ways I could have gone in decorating it! after you do it once your like I could do that again totally different and still way cute! (you know what I mean? maybe it's just me?) I love so many different color pallets and ways to do things that's why I have always wanted to be an interior designer/decorator. Anyway... this time I decided to do something gender friendly, I did green and yellow.

My Crib, rocker and ottoman are black.

I also put up beat board. (for those that don't know what this is, it's like wood paneling a long the bottom part of the walls, it's white.) I put up new baseboards, new chair rail, and new casings (for the doors and closets) the top half of the walls we painted yellow.
*I bought a couple different shelves at garage sales and painted them all to match.
I painted this... Don't you love the little robe? I got it as a gift, and think it is so cute! This is my little book shelf. I LOVE BOOKS. I want to collect a million children's books, my niece and nephews love to sit and read. They will do it for hours if I let them.
This is one of the shelves I got at a garage sale and painted. This is one I got at a garage sale too. I know nothing really cute is on it yet but I have to at least have a few things still to do, or I would just be twirling my thumbs wondering when this baby is coming. I will be putting a cute picture in the frame, and I think putting his name up in letters. I don't know?


I bought this hutch off Craig's list for 5o bucks! I painted it and turned it into a changing table. I wanted something that I could still use even after I didn't need a "changing table" other changing tables you can only use as a changing table and then you have to take it out of the room. This one I can take off the changing pad and then it turns into just a piece of furniture.







I Bought and spray painted these baskets to add to my changing table.
I looked every where for baskets for the bottom half of the changing table and I couldn't find ones that fit perfectly. They were either an inch or two too big, too small, too short, too tall, or too wide. So I had the idea to make boxes so they could fit perfectly. (ok so I didn't make them my wonderful daddy did!!) I did paint them and put the cute rope handles on though! We even had the idea to make them out of the beat board we put on the walls so they match the room. My daddy is so handy to have around! Thanks dad! They are storing all my baby blankets!

These are the "BEFORE" pictures...
These are the shelves and towel hanger thing before I painted them.
This is what the hutch looked like when I bought it, but I could see it's potential.
Notice it's mostly my dad working! I know, I did a lot but really HE is the AMAZING ONE!
Thanks again dad for all you do! You are always so willing to help your children!! You are so talented! I really appreciate all you do for me! You are not only the best dad a girl could ask for but you are an awesome grandpa too!

9 comments:

Emily Blais said...

SO SO SO cute Heather. You did a GREAT job! I LOVE that hutch and changing table. I did something really similar. Thanks Craigs List. :) I will have to post pictures soon. I am still debating my colors though. Anyway, I love what you did!

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

Holy cow that is so cute, and the hutch is so cute, 50 bucks too cute!!!

Morgan said...

I love your dad!! And your mom! Your parents are some of my favorite people!

The nursery looks so great! You are totally ready! I have NEVER done a nursery before....but I am totally scared of paint colors and stuff! Good job!!!

Camie said...

WOW! Its darling! I can't believe all the work you and your dad have put into it. ITs definitely paid off.

Jessica said...

Wow, I am totally impressed. I love the nursery. I can't wait to see that little musher. Get him here already!

Anonymous said...

Cute Cute!

Michelle said...

Your nursery looks so cute. You have done such a good job....actually looks like your dad did most the work. He is such a handy man. You are lucky to have such a fix-it family!

L4GWTW said...

Heather it is so cute. I do know what you are saying though about wanting to do it again once it is done. I feel that way about my wedding. I wish I could do the entire thing again I LOVE planing events and decorating.

Cindy said...

So cute Heather!! And I know you know how lucky you are to have your dad so willing and able and creative!!! Its a great room!! Good luck this week at the doctors!!