Tuesday, October 21

Week 37 update...

Yesterday I had another Dr. appointment. I have made a little progress and am now dilated to a 2. He says I am thinning nicely, (whatever "nicely" means I am not sure, he didn't give me an exact percentage) I can just hope it means better then last weeks 40% but who knows?

My blood pressure was a little high today for the first time and he wants to see me again on Thursday to see if it is still high and to check to see if I might be slipping into Toxemia. He says if it's high again on Thursday and I have Toxemia he might go ahead and induce me on Saturday?!
The baby is large and he always tells me he can't induce me just because the baby is big. So he thinks this might be a good enough excuse to get this baby out? but we will wait and see what Thursday brings for us?

I would much rather go into labor all on my own and not get induced but I also don't want an enormous baby!! SO we will see. I get contractions all the time so maybe I will do it on my own? Last week when I went in he said something about maybe stripping my membranes the first week of November. (that would be about a week before my due date) But yesterday when he was examining me I think he might have done it then. I almost guarantee he did it! I didn't ask him before he walked out the door, but it hurt way more today then it did last week which really didn't hurt at all last week. So it makes me think he was doing a little something extra up there and just didn't tell me he was doing it? but I don't know for sure?

I have been getting contractions for the past two days pretty much all day long. I hope my water just breaks and I go into active labor all on my own! I have been walking a lot and still having sex. So we will see, and I will keep you all posted! :)
Last week after posting those pictures of me I figured you needed a better one that you could actually tell how large I am! so I took a few more in a better outfit. Now you can appreciate why I am scared I am going to have such an enormous baby!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are HUGE! But you look so cute! Seriously. I doubt you gained what I did with Jake... 60 pounds! And my doctor told me Madisen was going to be bigger than she came out. I was also measuring a week or two early, can't remember. Anyways, GOOD LUCK! We love you!

The Morrisons... said...

That is so exciting he will be here before you know it!! Good Luck with everything and can't wait to see pics.

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

Holy cow, that is so exciting! You are totally going to have him early!! He will be a big but cute boy, I am sure!!! YAY

Danielle said...

Ha ha K I just have to say that the sex is what did it for me...I was like, I don't think it's possible to even do it! But we found a way, and a couple hours later my water broke! Ha ha...Can't wait to see your little angel!

Jessica said...

Good luck. I can't wait to hear if there is another little stott this next week. I wish I was where you were. I still have 7 weeks left. Yuck. Keep us posted.

~..kass..~ said...

GOOD LUCK!!! :)

cami said...

o you are so close. How exciting.

Tara Wayne Malakai Maddux Kenya Alofipo said...

gotta love the big babies. Kenya was almost 9 pounds! I think bigger babies make for stronger/better babies!

Scooter and Jessica said...

Heather, I had no idea that your due date was so close. Congratulations!