Tuesday, July 7

8 months

My son turned

8 months

on Sunday July 5th

In month 7.…..

He weighs about 20 lbs give or take, (this is from what i can tell from sitting him on the scale?). and is in 12 month clothes.

He is a way fast crawler now, you look away for one second and he is in the bathroom weighing him self on the scale, (one of his new favorite toys)

He pulls him self up on everything now and is walking around furniture.

Because he is so mobile now he bumps his head on a daily basis! I feel so bad when it happens I seriously don’t know how much more his little head can take!

He laughs a lot more now! We can crack each other up! But with that I think he also cries a lot more now. L

He has been having a little separation anxiety lately from his mommy. An article I read says it happens around this time and he will grow out of it.

He has been a little pill getting to go to sleep at night lately, he used to be SO good, and now he jumps right up and stands there and cries.. I hope this is just part of the separation anxiety and it will go away soon too!

He does NOT like laying on his back anymore! Which makes changing his diaper a special treat! He has even started throwing a tantrum if we force him to lay on his back so we can get him dressed or change his diaper. The little stinker that WILL NOT/ CAN NOT continue!

His eating habits have changed a bit too… all last week I couldn't get him to eat any of his baby food, he would either A. turn his head and seal up his mouth or B. take a big bite and then spray it ALL over the place! Finally last night he ate dinner ok, I think he is just board with it and wants table food? I thought it was because he was teething but I’m not sure? It’s weird too because the week before he was eating like a champ! Anything and everything several times a day! ?

Still NO teeth? I am happy about this because I am still nursing but kind of bugged because I swear he has been teething like crazy and I'm wondering if it was all for nothing? I swear one day he is just going to wake up in the morning with a mouth full of teeth? Well see?

He loves kids, and is very entertained by them. He loves all the kids in Primary and all his nieces and nephews!

He taught him self how to turn on the music in his crib, it was funny when he did it for the first time, I knew it was coming but when the music started playing when no body was in the room with him I had to laugh. He LOVES playing in his crib, he thinks it’s funny when he stands up and shakes the heck out of the crib.

He gives me big wet kisses all the time! I even think he has started to realize what the word “kisses” means. He also mimics me and does the smack sound all day long.

One of Williams new toys; the blinds! He loves to play with them!

8 comments:

Candace said...

Very cool milestones...my son doesn't have any teeth either and he's over 9 months old now!

Ellie said...

Haha... Sounds a lot like Lilly! She hardly ever eats baby food anymore... She eats table food all the time! At first when they realize they can pull themselves up they do it all the time and I know how you feel... it's the saddest thing to leave the room with them staring at you bawling! And don't worry about his little head.. remember all the bruises Lilly had when you guys were up here? He'll QUICKLY learn how to sit down! I CANNOT believe how BIG he is! That is so freaking cute!! I love it! Can't wait for August!

L4GWTW said...

Heather I love your new header picture that is so cute. I can't believe that William is already 8 months. It went so fast. I heard you had a lot of fun with Brydee and Jay Jay last week. They are a riot. Your little one is so cute! I see alot of you in him.

Ashton Bolin said...

Cute blog. Its crazy how fast they are growing up huh? Feel grateful that he has no teeth yet, it is such a pain to go through!! Can't wait to see how his crawling looks now. We should get together this weekend!

Josh and Jenni said...

How fun!! It's so fun how close Eli and William are in development! Eli loves playing with our blinds too and pulling them off!! Thanks for swimming on Friday, it was fun! We will have to do it again soon!!

The AnDeRsOn'S :) said...

what a little stud! He is so cute! I cant believe our babies are 8 months old. He is a little active guy. Claire just crawled for the 1st time on saturday. He is going to be walking before you know it. Your such a good mom to write all this down:).

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

Oh, he is so darn cute. Just to think of all these milestones that we have missed makes me sad, but I am excited to see him crawling around in super speed in a few weeks.
It totally stinks when they start standing up in the crib and don't want to fall asleep anymore, it is the hardest thing to just give him a kiss and say goodnight, but he will get over it, I promise. Annalise goes through good and bad phases when it comes to falling asleep, but she is doing so well right now I don't want to jinx it, even though I don't think our move will help, oh well.

Christine said...

He is getting so big- how fun! miss you!