Wednesday, March 3

Weekly Wednesday Update


31 Weeks...

Baby center says the baby weighs about 3.3 lbs. and is about 16 inches long. and is headed into a growth spurt. Baby is moving like crazy these days! I know I say that every week but as he gets bigger the movements get bigger and hurt more! and keep me up more at night, especially the hiccups! I don't love when he has hiccups.

This week I have had a lot of contracting! and who says that braxton hicks contractions aren't supposed to hurt!? ha ha, yea right! This may be too much info for a lot of people but when has that ever stopped me... so here goes; this last week I was at wal-mart and I all the sudden had the most intense pressure almost like the baby was sitting on my bladder (something he does often!) I caught up with Brandon and said I am going to the bathroom now before I pee my pants and headed straight their! (good thing we were close by cause I don't think I could have made a farther walk!) anyway, while I went pee I noticed the tiniest amount of blood tinged mucous? It kinda made me nervous but I told my self I would watch it carefully and see if it got worse. I continued to have a lot of pressure but the blood didn't get worse. And I continued to have a lot of contractions the rest of the day? I might have called the nurse line for my doctors office if it wasn't Saturday. Things seemed pretty normal on Sunday so I didn't call on Monday when they would have been back in the office. Would you have called?!

I have gained a ton of weight these last couple of weeks and I am fearing the scale when I go in for my next appointment! The only bright side of gaining weight, (I know you are thinking there's a bright side?!) is the fact that I am fitting into more of my maternity clothes from when I was pregnant with William. I can't really wear my fat pants that aren't maternity. I keep trying to put them on but it just isn't working very well, this bump is getting bigger! and you can't pretend it isn't when your clothes that fit you a week or two ago no longer fit! :)

We are getting down to the wire though and I am getting more excited. Things are so much different with this pregnancy since it isn't our first. I am not as anxious, and I also have this other side of me that wants to enjoy my last moments with William before it will no longer be just the two of us, (or three of us counting Brandon) I know another baby will only make our family grow in love but it's still weird to think that things will no longer be the same in a couple months. I am looking forward to adding to our family and having another little one to love! I am so excited. I can't wait to see what he looks like!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look amazing!

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

how are you looking better and better the bigger your belly gets? you look amazing!

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

Your hair is getting so long!

I don't know if I would have called....it depends on how strong the contractions were I suppose. Sounds like you are doing better though. I don't know about you, but I constantly feel more pressure with baby number 2 then I ever did with the first baby?
Oh the joys of motherhood!