Thursday, February 23

THE NURSERY

my 15 dollar changing table I got off of craigslist, gave it a little 3 dollar make over and wala.
 changing pad cover
 another changing pad cover
 crib skirt and front piece of bumper
 side of bumper
 I recovered the ottoman to match. plus it was SO dirty. :)
 Pillows
 a little quilt I made.
 One side of the room.
 The other side of the room.
 The adorable table and chairs the boys got for Christmas matches perfectly in here! and I am still going to go and get a matching center curtain panel! :) on my to do list.
 Blankets to match the bedding
 an old Whinny the Pooh lamp that was in my sisters get rid of pile I spray painted and gave new life.
 basket liner I made.

 curtain panels
There are things I don't love about this bedding, I was originally going to do the nursery in a smaller room and then changed my mind and put it in this room.  which has two big windows.  So the material I was going to use for the curtains I needed to change and it needed to stretch! So I don't love them. there are little things Id do differently, and there is nothing on the walls yet.  I have more fabric I plan to make more things with if time permits and I get them done. I would LOVE a huge vinyl tree on the wall, and a few other craft projects I have in mind, something for all her hair bows and headbands to go on and her name on the wall... among other things. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love love it! I had no idea you were a sewing machine! Wow! I am slightly jealous... ok, way jealous! I've totally been wishing I knew how to sew lately. Such a cute nursery. So exciting!

Trask Tribe said...

I think her room is bigger then mine :(

Ryan & Courtney said...

Wow you are a little seamstress! Very impressed with your domestic skills. Cute room!!

Davey Family said...

seriously sister you are so talented! her room is so dang cute!!! wish i could sew and decorate like you! good job! p.s her room is bigger than a master bedroom!!

RHETT AND NICHOLE said...

looks great, good job!