Tuesday, January 5

14 months

William is 14 months today,


Time has flown by and I can hardly believe how much of a BOY (not a baby) He has become! He is SO much fun! He is the highlight of our lives and makes everyday so much better! He makes mine and Brandon's life full of joy! He is so loving and kind. We can't get enough of him!


Things William has been up to this past month..


He now blows kisses really well, he gives a long drawn out dramatic MU WA! (we find it absolutely adorable!)

He has started signing a lot more lately. He signs Grandpa, dad, more, eat, thank you, all done, and milk through out the day. It has become really helpful. *The funniest story, yesterday he was pretending to talk on the phone (something he does ALL the time) he tilts his head and holds the phone up to his ear and says hello? I said oh who is it, and I start naming off some people, is is Auntie B? is it Daddy? is is grandma? and he quickly does the sign for papa and I laugh and say oh it's papa?! oh ok.. hello papa.

He has gotten a lot better at pointing out body parts, we often do this while I am changing his diaper to distract him from "helping" me. He has masted pretty much all of them, eyes, nose, ears, hair, head, mouth, and even tongue and teeth.

He loves when I sing "itsy bitsy spider" and when we do "this little piggy" on his toes. After we do either one of those he will always say "again, again" But it sounds more like "gain" with out the "a" sound.

He has gotten more brave and adventures in the tub, he likes to swim around and he has started putting his face in the water. I have been trying to teach him to hold his breath. Usually he just laughs at me every time.

He is such a big boy now he thinks he can do whatever the older kids are doing all the time! He loves his cousins and gets so excited when he gets to play with them. They are so good with him and help out a lot.

He totally knows where his little brother is and points to my tummy when asked. He loves to give his brother kisses and loves all the time. I'm anxious to see how he really does when this little guy comes out! I'm sure we will have to keep them away from each other until the baby can start defending him self or William learns to play extra soft! :) But then it will only be a matter of time before they are running around together, I am so excited for that! :)

He wants to feed him self all the time. he actually does pretty good with a fork. Its messy most of the time but he is learning something very useful so I don't mind most of the time.

He talks a lot and can say many words, He can say a lot of different animals and their sounds when asked what they say. He copies a lot of things we say. I seriously can't believe how fast he picks things up, he will say something new one day and I will say, wow, there is another thing he learned today. one day I was holding him on my hip and he grabbed my ear and said "EAR" really big and dramatically, I was like yep good job that's mama's ear. haha

He loves SKIN, if one of his little cousins gets undressed in front of him he will chase them around trying to either pinch them or get their belly button that is all the sudden exposed. I try to warn the little kids but they think it is so funny and run around screaming and giggling like it's some kind of game.

His VERY favorite toys to hold right now are, Forks and spoons, Toothbrushes, and any type of phone!, He is obsessed! And the most recent one added to the list is the Wii remotes.. he will get a hold of one of the wii remotes and will swing it around like he is playing tennis, haha it's amazing what they pick up on!

He loves instruments he got a key board (from my parents) for Christmas because he is always wanting to play the piano at my parents house, and he LOVES playing Brandon's guitar, He is so careful with it and strums the strings so delicately. I can't believe a one year old as crazy as William knows he has to be so careful with it. maybe it's the constant reminder (or threats) to be "so soft" with it.

Another thing he loves is baby dolls, I don't know what it is? When he sees one he will drop whatever else he has in his hands and go for it! Every time I am at the dollar store I will let him hold a baby while I look around he will give it kisses and hugs and holds it tight to his chest, and then I always take it away and put it back right before we leave and he gets so mad at me! I haven't gotten him a doll yet, my parents bought him a glow worm in boy colors for Christmas and he really likes it, but I'm still on the fence weather or not to purchase a little baby doll for my son. haha..

He is such an active little boy right now, doesn't want to sit still, (makes church not so easy) and constantly pushing and testing his boundaries. He has started to throw little tantrums and it is SO not ok with me and Brandon! We so don't put up with it.

He has still continued to sleep well and go down for naps and bed time like a champ! I count my blessings every day that we have masted this with him! All we have to do it turn on his bed time lullaby CD, give him his doggy and/or glow worm and turn off the light, he lays his head down on me I tell him I love him and good night and that we will play in the morning and I lay him in his crib put a blanket on him and walk out of the nursery. It's really like magic! I hope it continues to go well! He has to be a good sleeper when the baby comes!

He LOVES to dance, if any type of music comes on, if it's my cell phone, the tv, church, or someone singing he will start to dance. We went to a wedding on Saturday and he was bustin a move on the dance floor most of the night. It's so funny!

2 comments:

~..kass..~ said...

He sounds like SUCH a smart little guy! Such a fun age:) I am sure he will be a great big brother, I am excited to see them together!

Mills Family said...

I love lil Will. So smart! :)