Wednesday, January 13

Weekly Wednesday Update

24 weeks!




I checked on baby center dot com last night to see how the baby is coming along. It said this last week the baby gained 4 oz! In this baby's world that's a lot! I totally feel it too! haha.. I know 4 measly ounces is nothing to ME but I seriously feel like I got bigger this week. And then when I read on babycenter.com that the baby gained 4 oz this last week I just blamed it on that! :) It also says the baby is the size of an ear of corn.


SO... This baby now has a name... and it isn't Lincoln, or Terrance. I really like those names still but I wanted both of us to love the name we choose. I didn't want to choose a name that was too popular, and I liked stuff that is a little different but not really at the same time. haah.. I know that doesn't make sense. but we ended up choosing Lucas. Lucas Alan. (Alan from my dads name) We both really love the name, it has always been at the top of all of our lists even when we were pregnant with William. I think we never ended up picking it is because it is number 10 on the top 100 most popular baby name lists for both 2008, and 2009! I really didn't want something that popular but we said oh well we both love it so we went with it! We have been referring to this little boy as Lucas for the past week and it has fit nicely, it has grown on me even more and I love it. and we are even more excited we finally have a name for the baby. I ask William where baby Lucas is and he now pats his stomach instead of mine... I think he is a little confused. I think he thinks that's a "sign" cause every time I say where is Lucas I pat my stomach, so now I think he thinks patting your stomach is the sign for baby Lucas! haha... oh well, I am sure he will catch on soon.
I have a little bit of a shadow behind me when I was facing this way, Making me my tummy, my boobs, everything else look bigger! so I had to post another one with me facing the other way but I don't love it... oh well I really never do. haha
But I look big here too, so really what is my excuse?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You look great!! Lucas Alan is adorable.

cami said...

I think you look awesome. If i looked that good I would totally post some pg pictures. But I think my belly was blown up with my twins.

Elisha Trask said...

Love that name!!
Next time we are down, we should do a maternity shoot! You are seriously the cutest prego lady ever!

Ellie said...

You are so tiny!! Not your belly but the rest of you! You look great! 24 weeks already!! How exciting! I love the name Lucas by the way... great choice!

~..kass..~ said...

Lucas is a great name :) I really love it too :)