Thursday, February 4

Proud Moment

So yesterday William was about to poop, I know this only because he starts getting the poop face, I'm sure all parents know the one, anyway, and I said "do you need to poop?" "do you want to go to the bathroom and do it on the toilet?" He then said yes and started walking to the bathroom. I pulled off his diaper and sat him on the toilet. I said go ahead and go, push it out, and he totally did, he poop, and then proceeded to try and get the toilet paper off the roll to wipe. ha ha! I helped with that part, he jumped down I pointed out what he had done in the toilet, He flushed the toilet and shut the lid! I said good boy!! I'm so proud of you! do you want some chocolate? and he said yes chocolate!

I know! he will be 15 months tomorrow!, it cracked me up, I was so proud of him I sent a text out to all my family and some friends. I realise this probably wont continue but maybe it will? I was telling a friend that because he did so well so early I'm sure he wont be potty trained until he is like 5! ha ha! But we'll see? I am not planning on potty training him now, but it makes me wonder if I can get him more used to the idea a little earlier then I hoped. Get him to the point where he isn't scared of the potty and can recognize when he needs to go? If anything it makes for a lot less mess to clean up if it goes straight into the toilet and not all over in his diaper! ha ha, I know another story where I may have shared too much information. :)

2 comments:

Jill Duncan said...

Way to go William!!! I like your stories where you share too much info. they make me laugh! :)

The Slaters said...

Potty training is such a process. I think it is great you are getting him use to it now so each time he goes he puts two and two together. Of course he will not be potty trained for a while but I think it was really easy with Caitlin because he saw that everyone else went to the bathroom too and saw her older brother and sister do it.