Wednesday, April 15

EASTER

Rolling eggs is a Trask tradition that we look forward to every year! We each decorate and dye our eggs to make them our own and then we compete! Two at a time we each roll one egg into each other and only one egg breaks and one comes out victorious! Last egg standing wins. This year we had a lot of competitors and a lot of eggs to roll! It was so much fun!This is William with one of his eggs I made for him, he rolled his two eggs against Beckham just so they wouldn't feel too left out. haha... it's really all for the adults... we are all kinda competitive!This is half the room... my dad, dean, Mallory, Tiffany, Cameron, Jeff, Brittany, Brydee, Jay Jay, Corben... yeah a lot of people!
This is Brydee and Corben going against each other... Jason had to supervise, these kids would go one... two... three... (then they were supposed to roll their eggs into each others)... sometimes they would roll and sometimes they went air born! haha it was so funny... I guess we should have practiced rolling a ball for a few weeks to get them used to it? It made me laugh though cause I could just see them next week getting the eggs out of the fridge and rolling them into each other, (not hard boiled first!)
William going against Becks.. just for fun...
These are The Easter egg hunt pictures... We started the tradition of having an Easter egg hunt a couple years ago once the grand kids were old enough to hunt for their own eggs. They each have their own color they go hunting for, Brydee's are pint, Jay Jays are blue... and so on and so forth. The adults, (my brother and sisters and I) hide the eggs in my parents back yard for all the little kids. My parents back yard is huge and beautiful and perfect for things like this.. I think we like hiding them more then the kids like finding them! it's a blast for everyone!
Little Becks, he is so cute holding his little bucket haha!
William was sitting this one out watching the kids... Next year buddy next year! This picture cracks me up because the palm tree in the back ground looks like hair on his head.
Brydee
Corben
Jay Jay finding an egg I hid in the tree....
and in the palm tree... Becks finding his egg
Beckham smiling for the camera
Beckham, me, William, and Brydee
This is how William enjoyed the Easter egg hunt, (watching) next year he will participate!

This is a short clip of the kids right before we let them go running for their eggs...
Needless to say we all had a great time and enjoyed our Easter Sunday! Traditions are always fun, and even more so when you add in laws and new grand babies into the mix so you can teach them how it all goes in the crazy Trask house!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We rolled our eggs, mainly the girls. I have to say I do not miss the competitive games we had growing up. I am sure in a few years it will get that way with my kids. Madisen is already that way, Brooke more easy going so it works. Love all the pics!

Trask Tribe said...

And we must give credit where credit is due. Mallory WON this year. Or was it AGAIN, this year? Fun times.

Steve and Sarah said...

Aww how much fun. I always loved easter egg hunts, in fact we had one this year and we are all in our twenties. You Trasks are so funny with how competitive you are. Looks like fun.

Josh and Jenni said...

That looked like so much fun!! Your family is really cute and looks like they have a lot of fun together!!