Friday, April 24

poop

I know it isn't a lovely subject but my sister in law started it when she posted about her daughters lovely poop story... So I am just putting it out there for all to here...

My son doesn't poop any more. He goes about once a week. I KNOW, this isn't normal and I know I should probably be more worried then I am? I called his ped. office and the nurse said if he goes a whole 7 days (SEVEN DAYS *supposed to be said in a whisper*) then I should get worried, but he doesn't ever go that long, knock on wood, he is going on 7 tomorrow! I know it's probably him getting used to eating solid foods but I thought he would be used to them by now? He has been like this for about 6 weeks or so? I cant remember? He has gone about every 5 days for the past 4 weeks. the nurse at the ped office said to give him more water and juice and to only give him fruits for now until he gets better? So he has just had fruit for about 2-3 weeks now. I hate it I want him to get used to all kinds of foods veggies and all. To be honest it doesn't seem to bother him all that much? A few times he has not really wanted to eat because there wasn't any room in there with all his poop backed up! but he is still normal and happy? I just hope he poops today because tomorrow is 7 days! poor thing!!

On a better note he is learning and growing... Last week he learned to roll over and he learned how to sit on his own, he is very strong in his back and sits really well. after he rolled over for the first time it's like he had been doing it for weeks, he did it over and over and over. now he is trying to scoot and move it's pretty funny, last night he saw something out of his reach that he wanted and Brandon and I watched him move and roll so he could get it successfully. Its pretty funny.

Here is our crazy man in his jumperoo... He has started to really get into it lately! It cracks us up!

7 comments:

Trask Tribe said...

Isn't technology something. I bet Brandon's parents are thrilled to be able to see these little videos just like they were here.You gotta love it.

Ashton Bolin said...

Poor little man...he needs to poop so bad! That video is so funny. I love that he can push up with his legs and jump so high! He is going to just take off one day and walk soon...

Ellie said...

Ok.. this is probably more disgusting than your post, but Lilly had gotten really constipated a few weeks ago and I actually had to help her poop. The best thing to do is get some childrens suppository's (they are pretty cheap.) Only use like, a quarter of the thing though. If it doesn't make him poop right then, he'll poop within a few hours. Lilly hated it but she felt a ton better after.

Christine said...

Sorry he is having a hard time-good luck-I am glad he is still happy- he is so cute! Very cute pictures!

The Slaters said...

Look what I started! Such a great subject when it comes to kids. My kids had the same problem when we started them on solids or if we switched formula and I did the same things as Ellie suggested. It worked great and I didn't worry....I had to do the enima for them as well....thats always fun :) but it works almost immediatly.

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

Wow, he really loves that jumperoo!! He is so funny. So your poop story sounds just like my friends. Her son actually was getting really constipated and not sleeping well, and he would only go about once a week also, but he is doing much better now. So is William allowed to have prune juice? That always works for Annalise (sometimes too well.)

The Morrisons... said...

My kids have both loved the jumparoo!. (I just hate how HUGE the thing is) Hope your little guys tummy get better. Give him some prunes :)