Friday, April 10

My project.... a garden

My little plot of dirt...

I have a little bit of a back yard that I can do whatever with and I am doing a garden this year! There were a ton of weeds, a couple tree/bush things we needed to rip out, and a bunch of roots to tear up. My dad came over of course and helped us! Thanks dad! This is actually a "during" shot and not a before picture... I should have gotten a before picture so you could really appreciate how much work it took!This is a horrible picture (i know) but I had to get an action shot!


Mommy's Little Helper...

Brandon HATES to work in the garden, he wants to reap the benefits of having a garden but he hates working out side (I kept telling him he was being the little red hen story)... It doesn't help that he has killer allergies to these huge trees right out side our back door! so I had to take William and show him what a good example of working in the garden was. Me trying to work in the garden and tan my legs at the same time... this is what I call Multi-tasking! My little piece of dirt I'd like to call a garden.

my little planter boxes, (the before picture)

This is the after picture... after everything was planted... I am doing a garden all on my own for the first year. My parents have an outstanding garden!! and I have been inspired growing up with the example of my parents to always have a garden to do one of my very own! We planted, Beans, Peas, sugar snap peas, carrots, cucumbers, cantaloupe, squash, zucchini, spinach, ice berg lettuce, and Romain lettuce. I also have cilantro, jalapenos, and bell peepers in my plant boxes before I transfer them to the garden. I am still hoping to get some tomatoes and some berries (strawberries, blueberries, and boysenberries or blackberries) So I hope in a few weeks I can post a picture of a flourishing garden!! I am sure I will keep you posted! I hope I didn't screw it up too badly like I said it's the first time Ive ever done one all by my self. I seriously threw in a million seeds where it said to only do a few... more is always better, right? HA HA... we shall see!

3 comments:

Trask Tribe said...

It looks good, and isn't that what counts the most?! It's almost as amazing as child birth watching the little seeds grow into something edible. What an amazing plan we have laid out for us here on earth. Grow seeds, GROW. Speaking of child birth...Dad Corben and Beckham actually saw an egg as it was dropping out of a chicken today. Talk about amazing stuff.

Kevin, Kelsey and Annalise.... said...

I am so jealous! I know that someday I will have a yard that I can plant a garden in too! It looks good, nice work! The question is....will Brandon help you eat the food that you make even though he did not plant the seeds? I guess we will have to ask the the little red hen......

Amanda Jean said...

That is amazing! you did so much work! YOu inspire me! I don't know if I could do it though ha ha. Baby william is still the cuttest baby I have ever seen!